The Art of Marriage
Could your marriage use a tune-up or a new perspective and some fresh ideas? Want to put more heart into your marriage? Then join us on Friday evening, Sept. 20, and Saturday, Sept. 21, at the Abundant Life Church (135 New Meadow Road, Swansea, MA) for The Art of Marriage video event. This one-and-a-half-day seminar uses the same biblically-based content as the Family Life Today Weekend to Remember marriage getaway Godspeed has advertised in past years.
The Art of Marriage video event consists of six video sessions and an accompanying manual (one for each attendee) providing couples with projects to help apply the principles being taught. The manual also offers articles, date night ideas and useful tips for couples to use after the event to strengthen their marriage. The event equips couples to build godly marriages and brings together some of the most respected and influential pastors and experts on marriage and family. It also provides a fresh approach by weaving together the following elements to help couples fully experience God's design for marriage:
- engaging stories
- real-life testimonies
- man-on-the-street interviews
- humorous vignettes
For more information, see the Art of Marriage website.
The cost of the event is $43 per couple (without lunch) or $65 per couple with a Panera box lunch provided. After September 1, the per couple cost is $85 (with lunch) and $63 (no lunch). For individuals over 18, the cost is one half of the couples fee.
Friday evening, Sept. 20
- 6:30 - Doors open.
- 7:00 - Welcome and introduction.
- 7:15 - Session 1: Love Happens (purpose of marriage).
- 8:15 - Break.
- 8:30 - Session 2: Love Fades (drift to isolation).
- 9:30 - Dismiss for Project One.
Saturday morning, September 21
- 8:30 - Doors open.
- 9:00 - Session 3: Love Dances (marriage roles).
- 10:00 - Break, start of Project Two.
- 11:00 - Session 4: Love Interrupted (communication).
- 12:00 - Break for lunch (at the church), start of Project Three.
Saturday afternoon, September 21
- 1:45 - Session 5: Love Sizzles (romance and sex).
- 2:45 - Break.
- 3:00 - Session 6: Love Always (lasting legacy).
- 4:00 - Closing.
Register on Sunday mornings at Godspeed Fellowship, or contact Scott Coombs or Godspeed Administrator Susan Fulton for additional information. Box lunch preferences should be registered with Scott. Checks should be made out to Godspeed Fellowship with "marriage seminar" on the memo line.